Internal/External Job Posting
Seasonal Bargaining Unit Position
Job Reference: 333
Job Title: Lead Hand (Grounds Worker-Parks)
Section: Conservation Areas
Location: Guelph Lake C.A.
Job Level: 3 - $16.88 to $21.10
The Lead Hand – Parks carries out services related to maintenance of grounds and buildings in a Conservation Area.
- Provide assistance with staff coordination.
- Maintain and operate grass cutting equipment.
- Tractor operation.
- Ability to operate a light truck and trailer combination.
- General building and grounds maintenance duties including minor facility repairs and cleaning.
- Perform general labor and other maintenance duties as assigned.
- Provide customer service and public relations support.
- Assist with the enforcement of Conservation Area regulations as required.
- Assist with maintaining health & safety compliance.
- At least 3 months of relevant work experience in an outdoor recreational environment.
- Experience in the operation & maintenance of grass cutting equipment, off-road utility vehicles, cleaning sprayers and power assisted hand tools.
- Experienced in safe use practices as it relates to general cleaning products & chemicals.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing.
- Valid driver’s license.
Recurring Season: April to September
Start Date: May 2012
Forward Resumes to: email@example.com (Please send resume and cover letter as PDF or MS Word document.)
Deadline for applications: 4:00 p.m. Monday May 14, 2012
We thank you for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.