The Corporation of the Town of New Tecumseth
April – October x 2
April – September x 3
40 hours per week – shift work and weekends required
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks & Open Spaces, this position performs all aspects of work related to the day to day operations of parks and facilities including winter and summer maintenance of parks, pool, outdoor ice rinks and other Town owned facilities.
- Requires successful completion of Grade 12 high school or equivalent.
- Requires at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must have a Class G drivers licence in good standing with a minimum of one year of experience in the operation of all Parks related equipment/machinery.
- Ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled turf maintenance duties in order to develop, maintain and repair playing fields.
- Ability to operate and maintain safely and efficiently truck and trailer combinations, front end loaders, tractors and tractor driven equipment including gang mowers, chainsaws, hand and power tools and other park maintenance equipment.
- Must provide clean vulnerable sector check.
- Maintains the parks and outdoor facilities of the Town including but not limited to the following: inspects and maintains ball diamonds and soccer fields ensuring that playing surfaces and warning tracks are maintained to established standards, fills in holes and wet spots with top soil on playing field areas where required, trims trees and branches as required to keep all grounds in safe and orderly conditions, repairs, paints and generally keeps in good working repair, all park equipment such as entrance gates, goal posts, bleachers, fences, etc., lays sod, ensures that garbage is picked up daily from parks facilities, inspects, repairs and maintains logs on playground equipment, recognizes and eliminates hazardous conditions.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions;- the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: Currently under review, plus 4% vacation pay
Start Date: April 2019
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to
email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm on February 15, 2019.
Please quote Job #2019-10 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information and a complete list of current employment opportunities, please visit our website at http://newtecumseth.ca/town-hall/employment-volunteering/