PARK OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
PITTOCK CONSERVATION AREA (Woodstock, ON)
The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is currently accepting resumes for the short-term contract position of Park Operations Technician (Pittock Conservation Area, located in Woodstock, ON). This position will be up to 31 weeks in length (April 1 – November 1, 2019).
Reporting to the Conservation Area Superintendent, the Park Operations Technician will assist in the day to day operations of the area including security, maintenance, and customer service. The position will also assist with the supervision of seasonal staff.
- Assist with the supervision of Security, Customer Service Representatives and Maintenance staff
- Enforce the Conservation Authorities Act, Trespass to Property Act and other relevant regulations
- Perform a wide variety of custodial functions including grass cutting, tree trimming and cutting, facility maintenance, garbage collection, plumbing, electrical, excavations, and related duties
- Liaise with day users, campers, and clubs using Authority recreation areas identifying their needs, resolving issues and concerns, and ensuring their reasonable satisfaction
- Act on behalf of the Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent in his/her absence as assigned
- Minimum grade 12 education with 3 years experience in conservation area maintenance, operational and enforcement program, or a related environment
- Some post-secondary education in parks, recreation, law enforcement or related field would be an asset
- Current Security Licence is required
- Prior staff supervisory experience necessary
- Familiarity with drinking water systems and applicable regulations would be an asset
- Ability to be trained to operate a chainsaw and tractor as per Authority policy
- CAMIS/Everest experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Canadian Coast Guard Pleasure Craft Operators Card an asset
- Ability to work all weekends during operating season. Shifts include days, afternoons and nights
- $25.99 – $31.63 per hour (anticipated, based on approval of 2019 wage grid), plus 6% vacation pay and 1 sick day per month if needed
- Full time hours – 35 hours per week
- Free day access to all 3 UTRCA Conservation Areas
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Closing Date for Resumes: February 14, 2019
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:Sharon Viglianti, HR/Payroll Administrator
Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9
*Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
The personal information on your application for employment is collected under the Conservation Authorities Act Section (18)1 and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to: General Manager, Upper Thames River Conservation Authority, 1424 Clarke Rd, London, Ontario, N5V 5B9, 519-451-2800.