Work Period: June to September
Location: Brant Park and Byng Island
Pay Range: $14.50 to $15.75 per hour for NLS qualified lifeguards
Shift: Full and Part Time Positions
Summer Employment for Students
Reporting to the park superintendent the lifeguards will be responsible for providing a clean and safe recreational area for guests.
- Ensure that all health and safety and NLS standards are met at all times
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the pool, pool deck, surrounding area, washrooms and change rooms
- Have proficient knowledge of emergency procedures and use of equipment
- Provide assistance to all guests/staff and ensure their safety at all times
- Enforce pool and park regulations
- Completing the daily pool log sheet (including pre-opening checks, pool maintenance and scheduled water checks)
- Responsible for reporting all incidents/accidents and concerns to the Park Superintendent
- Perform pool operation as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student
- Current NLS qualification required
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Familiarity with the Grand River Conservation Authority and park policies
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
All successful applicants must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be available to work assigned shifts for the duration of the season.
We offer comprehensive health and safety training.
Please send your resume and cover letter (referencing Lifeguards and please indicate park) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please send your resume and cover letter as an
MS Word document.)
The application deadline for summer positions is February 15, 2019. Applications will
be accepted after that date however preference will be given to those submitted prior
to the deadline.
Please be advised that interviews will be held in early 2019. For best interview
opportunities please apply as soon as possible. We will only contact applicants
selected for an interview.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.