RPF Summer Students 2019Roads, Parks and Forestry Department
Job Number: RPF-224-18
Employment Status: Seasonal/Summer Student
Roads, Parks and Forestry (RPF) summer student positions are responsible for various maintenance tasks including mowing and trimming of parks and sports fields, ball diamond grooming, washroom cleaning, litter and waste collection, traffic control, horticultural bed maintenance and other activities within the RPF Department.
Subject to work group assignments, RPF summer students may be required to operate a range of vehicles and maintenance equipment such as tractors, riding mowers, utility vehicles, pickup trucks, string trimmers, roto tillers, blowers and a variety of hand tools.
- Be available to work April 22 or April 30 - September 1, 2019
- Possess a minimum of G2 license for at least 12 months with a clean driving record
- No more than 3 driving infractions in the previous 3 years prior to the date of hire
- No demerit points accumulated in the preceding 12 months
- An accumulation of no more than 3 demerit points in the previous 3 years prior to the date of hire
- Attend and complete mandatory safety training on-line and in-class
- Be willing to work outdoors in all range of climate conditions and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner
- Be available to work up to 40 hours per week over a seven day period (including shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Be attending or returning to post secondary school in the fall of 2019 on a full-time basis
- Relevant past experience will be considered when the hiring team is making interview selections
- We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Selection is based on the best candidate available for the City’s needs.
- Students who previously worked with the City are required to re-apply each year and will be contacted to submit the appropriate school documentation.
- Submission of a reapplication does not guarantee an automatic rehire. In order to be considered for reemployment, interested applicants must apply online, have an at standard or above standard performance evaluation and be returning to school on a full-time basis in September 2019.
- Please note, for new applicants offered an interview, documentation showing proof of returning to school must be presented at your interview in order to be considered for employment
Hourly Rate: $14.48-$15.69
Posting Close Date: January 31, 2019
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.