Title: Tubing Concession
Work Period: May to Labour Day - 3 Positions
June to September - 3 Positions
Location: Elora Gorge
Pay Range: $14.00 per hour for over 18 years of age / $13.15 per hour
for under 18 years of age
Shift: 40 hours per week
Summer Employment for Students
The Elora Gorge is located on County Rd 21 near the village of Elora. We are looking to
hire energetic people to work in a fast paced environment but also one of the most
beautiful and spectacular natural areas in the Grand River valley.
Reporting to the Park Superintendent the Tubing concession staff are responsible for
performing a variety of duties related to the operation of the Tubing concession with an
emphasis on customer service, point of sale operations and maintaining a clean and
organized work area.
- Issuing tubes and safety equipment to customers
- Complete registration forms and waivers with customers
- Responsible for balancing daily cash reports and preparing deposits
- Ensure equipment is organized and stored safely at the end of the day
- Receiving and stocking of supplies
- Responsible for opening and closing facility as required
- Provide clear instruction on the safe use of equipment
- Maintaining a clean and safe area.
- Assist in the general maintenance and cleanliness of the park
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills
- Knowledge of park facilities and activities
- POS and cash register experience an asset
- Ability to work weekend, evenings and holiday shifts
All successful candidates must be available to work the duration of the season, 35/40
hours per week and possess their own Green Patch CSA approved safety boots.
Please send your resume and cover letter (referencing Tubing Concession Elora Gorge)
by e-mail to: email@example.com. (Please send your resume and cover letter as an
MS Word document.)
The application deadline for summer positions is February 15, 2019. Applications will
be accepted after that date however preference will be given to those submitted prior
to the deadline.
Please be advised that interviews will be held in early 2019. For best interview
opportunities please apply as soon as possible. We will only contact applicants
selected for an interview.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.