PARK AMBASSADOR (Part time)
Parks and Recreation Department
Job Number: PR-03-19
Employee Group: Non-Union
Employment Status: Part Time
This position is responsible for visiting the various City Parks to educate and communicate with user groups and residents on City by-laws, and to support staff and user groups on-site with permits, tournaments and special events.
Please note: this position primarily works evenings, weekends and holidays.
As the Park Ambassador, you are responsible for:
- Responding to inquiries and resolving on-site issues, including but not limited to sport field lighting and permits.
- Assisting Sport Development Coordinators on-site with logistics, field condition monitoring, and customer service during tournaments and special events on sports fields.
- Visit the various City Parks to ensure safety and that City by-laws and policies are being followed and communicating City by-laws and policies to users. Picking up litter and debris from sports fields.
- Reporting on maintenance issues, damage, and vandalism to City Parks and amenities.
- Ensuring risk management practices, policies and procedures are followed.
- Distributing marketing information, conducting customer surveys, and gathering information on requests for future enhancements and updates to sport fields.
The Park Ambassador requires a High School diploma or enrolment in post-secondary education in recreation, sports management, law enforcement or a related field. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Experience in a recreation or sport environment is considered an asset. Access to a vehicle and valid driver's licence is also required.
Candidates must be available to start by April 22, 2019.
Hourly Rate: $16.87 - $21.09 (Grade 4)
Posting Close Date: January 25, 2019
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on "View Jobs". Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.