City of Vaughan
Citizens First Through Service Excellence
We have an exciting opportunity in the Parks & Forestry Operations Department for an experienced and motivated individual
PARK ATTENDANT I (FILE 10-98-MBOPA)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in- demand place to live and work. A City considered one of Canada’s most family-friendly; Vaughan has a dynamic and diverse population of over a quarter million. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
- Responsible, under the direction of the Supervisor, to carry out general maintenance of parks, open space lands, boulevards, cemeteries and other properties as assigned to the Parks Section
- Operates equipment and vehicles in a safe and correct manner for the purpose of performing summer/winter maintenance activities
- Ensures the safety and security of assigned equipment.
Qualifications and experience:
- High School graduate plus a minimum of 1 year of related parks, grounds maintenance and snow removal experience preferably in a municipal environment
- Valid Class G driver’s license required.
- Demonstrated competency in the following; WHMIS,Parks equipment and vehicle operation and maintenance, Traffic Protection and Defensive Driving for Class G
- Current certificate holder of Playground Practitioners Certificate and Level I & II Cemetery Operations
- Obtain and maintain a First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations as related to job duties
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion for parks maintenance to the City of Vaughan, please forward your resume in MS Word or pdf only, quoting File 10-98-MBOPA in the subject line by Wednesday, March 23, 2011 to:
Human Resources Department
City of Vaughan, 2141 Major Mackenzie Drive
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1