|| 2018 - 20
|| Cemeteries Supervisor
|Type of Vacancy:
|Work Schedule (hours & days):
8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday
Hours may vary as needed (35 hour work week)
|| $77,954 to $97,442
|| April 9, 2018
|| April 25, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume at www.niagarafalls.ca (Select: Careers and Employment). Applications must be submitted online and will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
The City of Niagara Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Upon request, the City will accommodate the accessibility needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment, selection, and interview process. Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and will only be used to determine suitability for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS
Municipal WorksPOSITION TITLE: Cemeteries Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Manager of Cemetery Services, the Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of cemetery administration, operations and maintenance.
SECTION: Cemetery Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager of Cemetery Services
SUPERVISES: Leadhand/Backhoe Operator (1), Cemetery Attendant/Truck Dr (2), Cemetery Attendants (2), Labourer (1), Seasonal Staff (7) and Students (4)
- Prepares weekly work schedules, assigns personnel and equipment and determines materials required to perform necessary tasks. Ensures tasks are complete at all cemeteries.
- Responsible for the tracking and maintenance of all assigned equipment and vehicles. Ensures all needed supplies are available.
- Perform workplace inspections and responsible to ensure adherence to health and safety regulations (including monthly health and safety meetings), policies, by-laws and procedures to the maintenance and operation of City Cemeteries.
- Assist with the planning, design, construction and supervision of cemetery contracts and projects (i.e. monument restoration, expansion, development, etc.).
- Provides direct front line supervision and is responsible for providing work assignments, guidance, discipline, evaluations and training.
- Assist the Manager of Cemetery Services in the development and implementation of improved cemetery, operations, administration and maintenance.
- Remain up-to-date with trends, best practices, as it relates to cemetery fees, future development and promotion of cemetery services.
- Liaise, assist and advise the public and bereavement service providers concerning Cemetery services, operations, policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to the public, including grieving families, for cemetery plot and columbaria viewing and sales.
- Investigate report and answer all public inquiries and complaints. Tracks and resolves all complaints.
- Minimum two (2) year College Diploma in Business Administration or related.
- Three (3) years of experience in funeral services industry including supervision.
- Excellent public relations in the funeral services including knowledge of the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act and other legislation relevant to the funeral services industry.
- A clear understanding of Cemetery by-law, City policies, and Provincial regulations as it relates to cemeteries, monuments and health & safety.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and cemetery record management applications.
- Valid Class “G” Drivers Licence.