Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
The Spray Attendant performs chemical applications on various golf course areas. They are responsible for calibration of application equipment and assist in the maintenance of this equipment.
- Responsible for chemical applications on all golf course areas using fertilizers, fungicides, insecticides, herbicides and other plant health products
- Accountable for safe application of all chemicals, following specific label rates and adhering to policies and procedures
- Operation of chemical application equipment
- Operation of equipment such as utility tractors, hand operated equipment and mechanically pressurized equipment
- Maintain chemical storage and mixing areas
- Track chemical usage and inventory
- Calibrate all application equipment
- Responsible for pest identification and treatment scheduling
- Responsible for diagnosing and treating turf pest issues
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ontario Landscape Exterminator licence
- Integrated Pest Management certified
- 1-3 years’ golf course spraying experience
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Valid Ontario Landscape exterminator license
- Knowledge of pesticide chemistry and effectiveness
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with golf course
- maintenance software, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
*All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.