The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Parks and Recreation Department
Job # 512
Reporting to the Supervisor of Cemetery Services, the Parks 1 employees will perform duties associated with the landscape maintenance and cemetery operations of the five (5) municipally-owned cemetery properties and mausoleum operated by the City of Brantford. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Seasonal landscape maintenance activities – cutting grass, leaf mulching, tree pruning, sanding, plowing, and salting;
- Building, facility, and equipment maintenance activities and minor repairs
- Cemetery operations activities - the preparation and opening of interment sites, completing interments and disinterment's, monument repairs, and flat memorial and foundation installation
- Working with families in a sensitive and caring manner, as well as other funeral service and cemetery service professionals
$17.87 to $22.34 per hour (based on 40 hour a week) plus benefits
- Incumbents must have successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent
- Experience in the safe operation of a backhoe or similar heavy equipment as well as other landscape maintenance equipment
- Prepared to be trained in the operation of all related cemetery equipment, work skills and be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Basic computer skills and prepared to be trained on the use of a computer tablet and cemetery management software
- Ability to complete duties to an acceptable standard with minimal supervision
- Physically fit with the ability to complete labour intensive work, including heavy lifting
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Available to work unscheduled overtime for funeral services as required, including weekends
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and contribute to a positive work environment
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on customer service and public interactions
- Possess a valid Ontario Class G Driver's License ("DZ" would be considered an asset)
- Incumbents must submit a successful Police Clearance Certificate (dated within the last three months) for approval by the Corporation upon commencing employment
- Incumbents must also be certified in First Aid and CPR Level C upon commencing employment
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at careers.brantford.ca and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, February 22, 2018, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.