Title: Gate Attendant
Work Period: May to Labour Day
Location: Brant Park; Guelph; Elora; Pinehurst; Rockwood; Belwood;
Byng; Conestogo; Laurel Creek and Shades Mill
Pay Range: $14.00 per hour for over 18 years of age / $13.15 per hour for
under 18 years of age
Summer Employment for Students
Reporting to the Park Superintendent the gate attendant will assist in the daily operation of the gatehouse selling daily and seasonal permits and registering campers while providing excellent customer service.
- Perform daily gate duties: issue day use and campsite permits, book reservations for group camping, pavilions and overnight campsites, receive and direct incoming telephone calls
- Responsible for handling cash using a cash register with electronic payment and preparing detailed accurate daily cash reports
- Be responsible for opening and closing facilities as required
- Operate the Recreation Dynamics reservation system and Microsoft RMS
- Control and regulate visitor access to the conservation area
- Provide information regarding the area, facilities and regulations
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints courteously and effectively
- Clean the gatehouse and maintain garden as required
- Perform light maintenance duties as required
- Must be currently enrolled as a full time student
- Previous experience in customer service and cash handling is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer skills is required
- Ability to keep concise and accurate records
- Valid Ontario driver’s license is an asset
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work weekend shifts, evenings and holidays
All successful candidates must be available to work the duration of the season and assigned shifts, 40 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter (referencing Gate Attendant and please specify the name of the park) by e-mail to: email@example.com. (Please send your resume and cover letter as an MS Word document.)
The application deadline for summer positions is February 15, 2019. Applications will be accepted after that date however preference will be given to those submitted prior to the deadline.
Please be advised that interviews will be held in early 2019. For best interview opportunities please apply as soon as possible. We will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.