The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is currently accepting resumes for the short-term contract position of Park Operations Technician (Fanshawe Conservation Area). This contract will end on October 15, 2017.
Reporting to the Conservation Area Superintendent, the Park Operations Technician will assist in the day to day operations of the area including maintenance, security and customer service.
The position will also assist with the supervision of seasonal staff and be required to work mostly day and evening shifts.
- Assist with the supervision of Maintenance, Customer Service Representatives, Security, and Recreation staff
- Perform a wide variety of custodial functions including grass cutting, tree trimming and cutting, facility maintenance, garbage collection, plumbing, electrical, excavations, and related duties
- Perform snowplowing, snow removal, sidewalk shoveling and salting duties as needed
- Liaise with day users, campers, and clubs using Authority recreation areas identifying their needs, resolving issues and concerns, and ensuring their reasonable satisfaction
- Enforce the Conservation Authorities Act, Trespass to Property Act and other relevant regulations
- Act on behalf of the Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent in his/her absence as assigned
- Minimum grade 12 education with 3 years experience in conservation area maintenance, operational and enforcement program, or a related environment
- Some post-secondary education in parks, recreation, law enforcement or related field would be an asset
- Prior staff supervisory experience necessary
- Current Security License is required
- Familiarity with drinking water systems and applicable regulations would be an asset
- Ability to be trained to operate a chainsaw and tractor as per Authority policy
- CAMIS/Everest experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to work all weekends during operating season. Shifts include days, afternoons and nights
- $24.99/hr – $30.40/hr plus 6% vacation pay and 1 sick day per month if needed
- Full time hours – 35 hours per week
- Free uniforms
- Free day access to all 3 UTRCA Conservation Areas
Start Date: as soon as possible
Closing Date for Resumes: June 8, 2017 at noon
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Viglianti, HR Administrator
Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9
*Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
The personal information on your application for employment is collected under the Conservation Authorities Act Section (18)1 and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to: General Manager, Upper Thames River Conservation Authority, 1424 Clarke Rd, London, Ontario, N5V 5B9, 519-451-2800.