Internal/External Job Posting
Temporary Bargaining Unit Position
Lead Hand Elora Gorge C.A
The Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA) has an international reputation for excellence in managing the natural resources of the largest inland river system in southern Ontario. Encompassing approximately 6,800 square kilometres, the Grand River watershed has a population of almost one million people in 39 municipalities and two First Nations. Designated as a Canadian Heritage River, the Grand River and its major tributaries boast many outstanding human heritage features and excellent recreational opportunities. The GRCA is committed to environmental protection by delivering services that ensure the well-being of the environment and its inhabitants.
The Lead Hand carries out services related to grounds and building maintenance, and assists with daily operations in a conservation area.
- Provide assistance with staff coordination
- Maintain and operate grass cutting equipment
- Tractor operation
- Ability to operate a light truck and trailer combination
- General building and grounds maintenance duties including minor facility repairs and cleaning
- Perform general labor and other maintenance duties as assigned
- Provide customer service and public relations support
- Assist with the enforcement of Conservation Area regulations as required
- Assist with maintaining health & safety compliance.
- At least 3 months of relevant work experience in an outdoor recreational environment
- Experience in the operation & maintenance of grass cutting equipment, off-road utility vehicles, cleaning sprayers and power assisted hand tools
- Experienced in safe use practices as it relates to general cleaning products & chemicals.
- Basic carpentry skills
- Basic knowledge of plumbing & electrical systems
- Valid driver’s license.
The pay range for this position is Job Level 3 $18.37 to $22.98 per hour/ 40 hours per week
Start Date: May 2017
Term of Contract: May to October 15, 2017
To Apply: Please send a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word or PDF format and quote “Lead Hand Elora #333” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm Monday April 24, 2017
We thank you for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.