TURFPERSON/INTEGRATED PEST TECHNICIAN, PERMANENT
||April 20, 2017
(Parks & Open Spaces)
||Monday to Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
||$22.64 - $26.63 per hour
The City of Belleville Turfperson/Integrated Pest Technician (Certified) is responsible for the establishment, maintenance and upgrading of fine turf areas and sport fields.
- Diploma in turf management, plant sciences or a related field
- A Class “D” drivers licence, in good standing
- Ontario Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, Land Exterminator, Landscape Licence
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and the pertinent regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Proficiency in computer use and operation (word processing, e-mail, databases, spread sheets)
- Individuals will be required to have a minimum three (3) years of related work experience
- Experience in the establishment, maintenance and renovation of turf areas
- Turf Equipment Operation, turf mowers, loaders, trucks, trailers, tractors and implements and hand held equipment
- Turf species identification, usage and growing requirements
- Weed identification and control
- Turf Industry Best Practices
- Turf Disease identification and insect identification
Job Description Available Upon Request
Apply By Email:
Apply By Mail:
City of Belleville
City Hall, 169 Front Street
Belleville, ON K8N 2Y8
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.