The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is currently accepting resumes for the short fixed-term contract position of Conservation Area Clerk at Pittock Conservation Area. This position will be up to 36 weeks in length (February 13 – October 20, 2017).
Reporting to the Conservation Areas Superintendent, the Conservation Area Clerk will be responsible for the operation of the gatehouse and registration office. The position will also assist the Superintendent with the administration responsibilities of the Conservation Area.
- Teach, train and monitor seasonal staff operations
- Analysis and correction of errors to shift reports
- Collection of revenue according to UTRCA policies
- Education of campers in regards to administrative policies and procedures
- Liaise with special events, programming, facility booking and media groups
- Ensuring administrative needs of the CA are met
- Troubleshoot and communicate CAMIS and Silver Everest reservation system problems with Superintendent and system provider
- Assist with other Conservation Area duties as required
- Minimum grade 12 education with 3 years experience in a recreational and/or hospitality setting
- Recent experience in revenue collection
- Prior staff supervisory experience necessary
- CAMIS/Everest experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work in busy, stressful situations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Current Police Information Check
- Ability to work all weekends during operating season. Shifts include days, afternoons and evenings
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- $20.89 / hour - $25.42 / hour, plus 6% vacation pay
- Full time hours - 35 hours per week
- One sick day per month if needed
Start Date: Monday, February 13, 2017
Closing Date for Resumes: Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Viglianti, HR Administrator
Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London ON, N5V 5B9
*Applicants will be contacted ONLY if an interview is required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.