Department: Environmental & Engineering Services
Service Area: Parks & Recreation/Parks & Operations
File #: W-02-17E
Posting Open Date: 12/7/2016
Posting Closed Date: 1/2/2017
Job Code: W0120
Position Title: Temporary Labourer - Parks & Recreation
Summary of Duties: Works under the direction of the Supervisor or designate.
Work Performed: Performs various duties of a physical nature (hand digging, shoveling and raking) related to the construction, repair and maintenance of municipal facilities, properties, parks and open spaces.
Qualifications: Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
Specialized Training and Licenses :
- Basic knowledge of maintenance operations and ability to work in a crew environment.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Valid Class G driver's licence
Compensation Range: $15.88 per hour
Other Information: Shift work may be required
Please apply online at www.london.ca/mycareer
NOTE: Applicants selected for an interview will be required to submit the following:
- Copy of Grade 12 diploma/transcript or equivalent
- A current 2017 Driver's Abstract from the Ministry of Transportation
- Current Basic Police Check. Please Note: An additional Vulnerable Position Screening will be required if an applicant is selected to work in a position requiring the screening.
- Three work related references (names and phone numbers)
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
The City of London is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.