Director, Recreation and Culture
We’re building change in Brampton.
The urban center we serve is one of the youngest, fastest growing, most diverse cities in the country. We’re aiming high and thinking big, to position Brampton as an emergent global city of the future.
Leaders in our organization understand success requires passion, creativity and agility. We value progress over process. We hold each other accountable. We are a team who is engaged, excited and empowered to deliver results for Brampton.
If you share our energy, we want to know about it.
We have an opening for a Director, Recreation and Culture.
This role will help to position Brampton for the future by leading a team of professionals in developing and executing short and long term recreation programs and maintaining associated facilities.
The successful candidate:
Are you future ready?
- Will operationalize a multi-layer community service strategy focused on maintaining and improving quality of life of our citizens
- Establish competitive service levels and create innovative strategies to develop new revenue sources
- Support emerging community needs and interests of a diverse community and align these with the vision and values of the city
- Is a partner who collaborates with people across the corporation to develop innovative solutions that advance our objectives
- Has a proven track record of building and maintaining high performing teams who are engaged in their work and the workplace
We look forward to meeting you.
Please apply quoting the file number 102251 by October 14, 2016 at:
and search for key words City of Brampton.
If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.