City of Waterloo
With two world-class universities and one of Ontario’s top-ranked colleges, along with numerous high-tech businesses, Waterloo is truly an international city with a small town feel. Part of Canada’s Technology Triangle, Waterloo, a city of 121,00 people, is cradled in rolling countryside, offering everything from rural settings to upbeat mid-town lifestyles, modern suburbia, country heritage and safe neighbourhoods you can call home.
Director, Environment and Parks
Reporting to the Commissioner of Community Services, the Director of Environment and Parks Services leads and directs the operations for City-wide parks including playgrounds and sports fields, horticulture and cemetery, forestry and environment; open spaces and trails as well as related winter operations. The Director oversees City environmental initiatives.
- Degree in Parks Management, Landscpae Architecture, Horticulture, Forestry or related environment discipline with a minimum of five years of management experience in municipal parks and recreation or related field. Consideration will be given to candidates with a Diploma in similar disciplines provided minimum of ten years of management experience in municipal parks and recreation or a related field.
- Effective experience in project management, budgeting and business plan development
- Proven leadership, problem solving and organizational abilities
- Ability to build relationships with other internal divisions, external partners and community members
- Excellent communication and demonstrated effective team leadership skills
- Proven ability to communicate and manage multiple activities to successful completion
- Knowledge of municipal processes, safe work practices and employee and labour relations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A satisfactory criminal records check will be required as a condition of hire
For more details and to apply on-line, please visit the employment page of our website at: www.waterloo.ca/employment
Job Posting Deadline: September 26, 2016 at 4:00pm