The Corporation of the City Of Brantford Parks and Recreation Department
Design and Development Assistant
(Temporary up to one year)
Job ID # 183
Reporting to the Coordinator of Parks Services, the Design and Development Assistant is responsible for compiling and updating the Department park inventory and map database; drafting park site plans, planting plans and related landscape construction details as well as performing site inventory/analysis and inspection duties for a variety of park development projects.
- Successful completion of a minimum two (2) year community college program or equivalent in architecture, civil engineering, landscape design or a related field
- Minimum of one (1) year previous related work experience
- Experience preparing and reading cartographic maps, site plans, planting plans, presentation drawings and graphics as well as construction and architectural drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency using AutoCAD and GIS and experience with a variety of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Sketch -Up and Illustrator
- General knowledge of horticulture and practical site experience in landscape construction and maintenance are assets
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and changing demands and priorities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Possess a valid Class 'G' driver's license in good standing during the course of employment
Note : Applicants may be required to undergo skill assessment testing
WAGE RANGE AS PER THE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT: $23.05 to $25.61 per hour (based on a 35hour work week) plus benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at www.brantford.ca/careers and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2016, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.