The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Parks/Operational Services Departments
Job ID # 2758
PARKS – General Maintenance Parks
(approximately 8 months of the year)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks Maintenance, the General Maintenance Parks position is required to perform a variety of maintenance tasks throughout the City of Brantford in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Applicants will be mechanically inclined with the ability to operate utility vehicles, machinery and hand-powered tools. Duties include sports field lining and grooming, washroom maintenance, minor construction and related building repair(s), assisting with special events, garbage collection and vandalism clean up. Incumbents may also be responsible for assisting with park inspections and general park care, irrigation repair(s), and general l landscaping - cutting grass, leaf mulching, plowing, and salting .
Successful candidates may be required to work in various operational areas of the Department. Hours of work vary and are scheduled in advance including afternoons, weekends, holidays as well as unscheduled hours for overtime, as required.
OPERATIONAL SERVICES – Winter Control
(approximately 4 months of the year)
Reporting to the Supervisor – Operational Services for the months of December to March, the General Maintenance – Winter Control position is required to operate winter maintenance equipment (salters, trackless, wing trucks, loaders, tractors) and to operate small tools and equipment such as snow blowers, chain saws, pickup trucks, etc. in order to clear snow and ice from roads and sidewalks. In addition, the incumbents are required to shovel snow, asphalt, etc., pick up litter/debris, and maintain trails as well as storm ditches and outfalls. General Maintenance staff in Operational Services also provides assistance for the flood control program, inspects roads for hazards and interacts with the public in a tactful manner.
- Incumbents must have successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Previous demonstrated experience related to the duties listed above;
- Ensuring safe work conditions and practices are carried out in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act regulations;
- Maintaining accurate records as required;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to follow written and verbal instructions, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Physically fit and able to complete labour intensive work, including heavy lifting;
- Must possess a valid Class "D" Driver's Licence with a "Z" Endorsement;
- Certification in First Aid and CPR Level C upon commencing employment;
- Successful candidates must also submit a current Police Clearance Certificate (dated within the last three months) for approval by the Corporation as a condition of employment.
WAGE RANGE: $17.25 to $21.57 per hour (based on a 40-hour work week) plus benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by THURSDAY, JULY 7, 2016, at 4:30 p.m., to the attention of:
Human Resources Representative
Human Resources Department
Corporation of The City of Brantford
P. O. Box 818, 1 Market Square, Lower Level
Brantford, ON N3T 5R7
doc or rtf format please
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.