MANAGER OF FACILITIES, PARKS AND PROPERTY
The Corporation of The Town of New Tecumseth is seeking a positive, team-oriented individual to fill the position of Manager of Facilities, Parks and Property. Under the direction of the Director of Parks, Recreation and Culture, the position is responsible for the management and implementation of the annual Business Plan, seasonal workplan and the achievement of the objectives for the Branch. This position is responsible for the construction, capital improvements, operation and maintenance of all Town Recreation Facilities, Parks, Corporate Buildings and Property.
- Post secondary education in Recreation Facilities and Parks and/or post secondary degree or diploma in Building and/or Property Management combined with progressive experience in the field of facility operations and management, and/or parks management, or a related field up to a senior level, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience that is acceptable to the Town.
- Experience and working knowledge of facility, parks, building and property management, operation and maintenance, and an aptitude for systems and components (including electrical, mechanical, HVAC, energy management, etc.).
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of senior supervisory/management experience, as well as prior project management experience.
- Understands relationship between levels of service and asset performance, and associated required levels of investment, as well as risk management, and has experience in developing same.
- Experience in work order, administration and workflow development and management processes, as well as ability to analyze data to best balance operating, maintenance and capital investments, in order to determine effectiveness and improve efficiencies.
- Knowledge and experience in developing a long term building components inventory and life-cycle repair, replacement and capital planning
- Knowledge and experience in preparing and presenting annual objectives, business plans and seasonal work plans and budgets including report generation to senior management and/or Council
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures to contribute to corporate strategic objectives with integrated recreation and culture strategic plans.
SALARY RANGE: $85,132.32 to $106,262.52 dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your covering letter and resume by
4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 quoting competition # 2016-43
We wish to thank all who apply however only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hilary McCormack, Director of Human Resources
Web Site: www.newtecumseth.ca
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the
Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive,
barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.