The City of Pickering is Toronto's eastern neighbour and home to a growing community that blends business opportunities, cultural diversity and historical rural settings with a picturesque Lake Ontario waterfront. Our population is nearing 100,000 with plans to expand to 175,000 under the Provincial Places to Grow Plan both with infill growth and the addition of a new community called Seaton. The City of Pickering is considered a municipal leader in fiscal management, service delivery, sustainability and the environment.
Coordinator, Parks Infrastructure
The incumbent is primarily responsible for the preparation, coordination and administration of maintenance and repair contracts required for the efficient operation of municipally owned and operated parks amenities, including sportsfields, lighting and public walkways. The incumbent produces technical reports, specifications, cost estimates and condition assessments as they relate to City parks and property infrastructure. Other responsibilities include responding to customer care inquiries and overseeing the activities and performance of contractors, consultants, and occasionally providing technical advice to municipal work crews providing services to the Corporation.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field.
- Membership in the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists and Certified Engineering Technologist Certification would be an asset.
- Three years relevant work experience. Prior work experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of operations maintenance materials, methods and equipment. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant Municipal, Provincial and Federal standards and regulations pertaining to City operations and business functions.
- Sound interpersonal, leadership, organizational, analytical and problem solving, project management presentation, business/technical writing, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal professionally and courteously with employees, the business community and the general public.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers with Windows based computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and desktop publishing.
- Must be willing to participate in, Standard First Aid and CPR Certification, defensive driving training and any other pertinent training when offered by the Corporation.
- Must be prepared to work irregular hours and weekends as required.
- Must be medically and physically fit to perform the duties of this position.
- Must be prepared to undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
- A valid “G” class driver’s licence is required. Drives a Municipal vehicle during the performance of duties. Consent to obtain a driver’s abstract is mandatory. A clean driving record is preferred.
Compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan and an annual salary ranging from $32.47/hr. to $36.08/hr. (based on a 40 hour work week).
Qualified candidates may submit a detailed resume or online application form by Friday, May 20, 2016 to:
Human Resources Division
One The Esplanade
Pickering, ON L1V 6K7
By Email: email@example.com
By Fax: 905.420.4638
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodations throughout the recruitment process. Documents are available alternate formats upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer