Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the Parks Manager that will be responsible for managing all municipal parks operations, including sports fields and playgrounds, waterfront, Harbour, Tourist Camps and trails.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating departmental maintenance function for forestry, horticulture, and general playground maintenance.
- Supervision the Tourist Camp and Harbour Managers.
- Managing 18 km or waterfront following the requirements of the Waterfront Maintenance Plan.
- Supervising assigned staff including seasonal recruitment, scheduling, training and development, performance management, coaching, health and safety and collective agreement administration.
- Preparing, administering and recommending annual operating and capital budgets as well as longer-range forecasts.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, applicable legislation, regulations, statues, and departmental policies/procedures/practices and operational guidelines.
- Diploma in Parks Maintenance, Landscape Technology, Horticulture or related discipline
- A minimum of three years of significant demonstrated supervisory experience in a municipal parks maintenance/development function
- Turf Management designation
- Membership in Ontario Parks Association (O.P.A.) or sports Turf Association or suitable equivalent.
- Solid knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
Current hourly rate: Grade 7 $68,297 - $77,610 (40 hours per week) Subject to review
Further information is available on our website at www.saugeenshores.ca
We invite qualified candidates to forward their resume and cover letter via email by 4:30 pm on Friday, February 26th 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please quote “Parks Manager” in the subject line**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Thursday, March 3, 2016
The Town of Saugeen Shores is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Town of Saugeen Shores will make every effort to accommodate applicants with disabilities in its recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.