With an engaged population of over 200,000 residents located within York Region in southern Ontario, Richmond Hill is a diverse community that is committed to providing an exceptional quality of life for its residents. Richmond Hill is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team where Council and staff are committed to providing exceptional public service to our community. Visit RichmondHill.ca to learn more about the place “Where people come together to build our community!”
Community Services Department
(40 Hour Work Week)
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Parks Services & Horticulture, the Gardener is responsible for participating in all aspects of horticultural maintenance; ensuring municipal grounds are kept in a safe, well-maintained and esthetically pleasing state. All duties must be performed in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Town policies, procedures and practices.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A College Diploma in Landscape Horticulture or a Parks Operations related discipline
- Exterminator’s License - Landscape is required; and Industrial Vegetation and Forestry Licenses would be an asset
- A minimum of one year of related experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification is required
- Ontario Class “DZ” driver’s licence in good standing is required and you must provide a satisfactory current driver’s abstract from the MTO
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers and the public and work well with minimum supervision
- General knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ability to work overtime and meet the mandatory requirements of “standby” in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.) Local 905 Collective Agreement.
- The shifts and hours are subject to change at management’s discretion in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. This position is a member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.).
HOURLY RATE: $27.16 to $28.52
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accomodation.