CITY OF ORILLIA
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The Corporation of the City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position of Park/Facility Operator in the Public Works Department.
- Perform maintenance, general caretaking and other facility operational duties to ensure the safe operation of arenas and park facilities.
- Maintain turf, sport field and splash pads. General maintenance includes lawn mowing, trimming, watering, cleaning, and picking up litter at the City’s parks and facilities.
- Assist with set-up and take-down of various events.
- Communicate with the public and user groups in a courteous and efficient manner to promote a high standard of public relations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certified Ice Technician (CIT) designation is an asset.
- Previous experience as an arena operator and/or park worker.
- Strong physical dexterity and experience operating equipment such as trucks, mowers, ice resurfacer, power tools and hand tools.
- Special skills with horticulture, arboriculture, turf maintenance, sport field maintenance, or splash pads would be advantageous.
- Experience in cleaning and building maintenance.
- Current First aid and CPR training an asset.
- Must possess a valid class G driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Basic computer knowledge using MS Office applications.
- Strong customer service, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
This position covers evenings and weekends, for a 40 hour work week. Compensation for this position is $19.18 to $24.58 per hour pursuant to the wage schedule for IBEW – Parks, Recreation and Culture employees, plus a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume (in MS Word or PDF Format) in confidence by February 12, 2016 at noon to:
Lori Bolton, CHRL,
Director of Human Resources,
City of Orillia,
50 Andrew Street South, Suite 300,
Orillia, ON L3V 7T5
Fax: (705) 325-5904
We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, 50 Andrew St. S., Suite 300, Orillia ON L3V 7T5 or call 705-325-1311.