Seasonal Parks Worker - Summer Student
REQ NUMBERL NA05323
SECTOR OF ACTIVITY: Operations & Maintenance
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term
AREA OF EXPERTISE: Operations, Maintenance & Services
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Division or Project Summary
Managing office, industrial and retail assets in excess of 38M square feet, Arcturus provides a comprehensive scope of real estate management services through our committed team of over 500 geographically dispersed professionals. As an industry leader in integrated third party real estate management solutions, Arcturus has the experience and expertise to effectively manage our clients’ real estate through an innovative and collaborative management methodology.
Our promise to our clients is to deliver an integrated suite of real estate services with the highest level of customer service available to help our clients capitalize on the performance of their real estate assets.
Arcturus Realty Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin O&M Inc. (TSX: SNC).
This position reports to the Parks Manager.
Downsview Park currently has job opportunities for Seasonal Parks Worker - Summer Students who are currently enrolled full time in a post-secondary institution (Programs must be related to Horticulture, Arboriculture) to assist in Park Operations for the summer of 2016.
These positions are perfect for highly motivated individuals who have a strong dedication to the development of urban green space as well as interest in community events and have a passion for working in an outdoor environment with an emphasis on horticulture, green space development and landscaping.
- Maintenance of horticultural displays, including: planting, weeding, watering, cultivation and pruning.
- Maintenance of turf, including mowing, trimming and fertilizing.
- Landscape (hardscaping and softscaping) installation.
- Park sanitation.
- Shift work may be required including weekend and evening work.
- Previous park labor or landscape experience would be considered an asset.
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education or accreditation in related horticulture, park, or landscape field.
- Must possess and maintain a valid G license.
- Must have a current knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends as required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A team player that embraces a collaborative approach to problem solving.
Apply for job
Click here (you will be redirected to SNS-Lavelin's website).
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
SNC Lavalin – a leader in Engineering and Construction is actively recruiting the best and the brightest people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.