Field Services Supervisor
Road and Parks Maintenance Department
Job Number: RPM-1-16
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
The Parks Section of the Roads and Parks Maintenance Department is responsible for the completion of operations and works related to horticulture and turf maintenance, as well as winter control operations.
As a member of the Department’s supervisory team, you will be responsible for:
- Supervising staff and contractors in the daily operations and maintenance of city property and parks, in accordance with all applicable legislation and approved levels of service.
- Developing and supervising annual work programs, including: turf management, horticulture, pathways, playgrounds, litter, special events and other needs.
- Assist with the preparation of the current budget and annual work program, monitor expenditures on a regular basis and recommend appropriate actions to address variances, within areas of responsibility.
- Respond to requests for service and customer enquiries, in accordance with required timelines.
- Participate in the department on-call rotation, including regular after-hours supervision of winter control operations.
- Document daily work activities accurately and in a timely manner through the Avantis Work Management System.
- Investigate insurance claims and attend examinations for discovery and court, as required.
- Provides first response, in accordance with Corporate and Department Emergency Plans.
- Coordinate maintenance requirements for the Halton Region, in accordance with the Regional Maintenance Services Agreement.
You have a 2 year College Diploma in Horticulture or a closely related field and a valid Ontario G class driver’s license. Your education is complemented by a minimum of five years experience in a municipal unionized environment that includes leading horticulture or parks maintenance programs and winter control operations, with at least two years in a supervisory role. Certification in Horticulture is preferred.
As a Supervisor, you will lead, develop, coach and mentor a team of staff. You have a track record of leadership success in a progressive work environment, with proven project and people management, organizational and customer service skills. You demonstrate creativity and adaptability in complicated and difficult situations, and in managing conflicting demands. You possess excellent communication skills and are proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications, work order management systems and asset management systems.
Salary Range: $65,679 - $82,099 (Grade 10)
Posting Close Date: January 27, 2016
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
An equal opportunity employer.