This one day workshop teaches attendees how to safely operate and maintain welding equipment. This course teaches attendees the hazards in welding and how to recognize and avoid those hazards. This workshop also encourages attendees to work in compliance to Occupational Health and Safety Act.
This course will cover:
- Emergency readiness planning
- Workplace safety practices (Standard Operating Procedures and Standard User Guidelines)
- Safe workplace practices in shop hand tools
- Safety inspection and operations of oxy/fuel cutting equipment
- Safety inspection and operation of Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Stick) process and equipment
- Ontario Health and Safety Act compliance