Parks Oriented Chainsaw Safety Training
The Department of Labour requires that all Parks Professionals who use chainsaws on the job be trained in their safe operation.
This two day seminar helps satisfy these requirements.
The course will cover:
- Safety Regulations and PPE
- Identify and inspect all chainsaw safety components
- Inspection and adjustment of a chainsaw
- Starting and stopping techniques
- Safe handling of a chainsaw
- Woodlot assessment and hazards
- Felling techniques for trees greater then 5" dbh
- Bucking and Limbing
- Pole saw and cutting attachments
- Competence test
PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE PROPER PPE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE
Class E Type 2 helmet, hearing protection, gloves, eye protection, safety shoes, full leg chaps or ballistic pants.
November 1 & 2, 2016
8:00am to 4:30pm
165 Ferndale Drive North
Barrie, ON L4N 9V9
Practical: approx 8 mins away (click here for map)
411 Veterans Drive, Barrie, ON
Lunch is NOT provided at this location – please bring a lunch both days.
Register online, payment can be made via cheque (made payable to Ontario Parks Association) or by calling the OPA office with a credit card for processing. (905-864-6182, ext. 6710) .