OPAF "Group of Seven" Bursaries and Scholarships
Application Deadline: post marked prior to midnight
FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2013
The Group of Seven artists are recognized for creating masterpieces depicting the grandeur of the Canadian landscape.
Seven first year Ontario college or university students, who qualify and complete the requirements of application, are recognized each year with awards by the OPAF.
The goal of the Ontario Parks Association Foundation (OPAF) is to raise funds to assist deserving students who wish to pursue their education in any phase of public parks work, related horticulture or landscaping, conservation, or environmental resource management.
Think you qualify?
Why you should apply:
- The seven awards are given out each year.
- Less stress! As a successful applicant you will be able to better focus on your studies, with extra money contributing to your educational expenses.
- Completing the application will give you experience in competing for funds. Have the confidence to apply – one application is all you need – the committee will determine which bursary or scholarship (bursary also requires a completed “One Year of Study Budget”) is best suited to the most qualified applicant.
- Applications are due on or before Friday, May 31, 2013 – so, don’t hesitate! Compile the information, secure the references and draft a cover letter!
- Receiving an award looks good on a resume!
- Successful applicants are honoured by the OPA and OPAF and in the Green Sward (the OPA newsletter) – a valuable addition to your portfolio
- Successful applicants receive a one year membership to the OPA, providing the student with networking, educational and career opportunities of a life time!
The Ontario Parks Association is committed to civic beautification, the advancement, protection and conservation of parks, open space and the environment as we practice “Protecting Tomorrow Today”® in the province of Ontario.
Click here for application form
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org