Education & Training
Become a Member of Ontario Parks Association
Ontario Parks Association (OPA) welcomes individuals who are interested in the environment and development of parks and open spaces.
Founded in 1936, the membership consists of parks and open space professionals, and those who wish to participate in sustaining the unique and natural beauty of Ontario.
Members exchange ideas and current information on trends, technology and items of concern. Knowledge, interest and action allow OPA members to serve as responsible stewards of the parks and open spaces.
The OPA serves as both educator and advocate, to ensure a green, healthy future for this province.
OPA supports the education, training, and professional development of those involved in parks and outdoor areas in Ontario.
For membership inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership in the OPA is open to all residents of Ontario, interested in contributing to the Association's mission: "Protecting Tomorrow Today"
Non-resident Membership is open to all persons residing outside Ontario. Non-resident members are entitled to all privileges and rights of OPA, excepting the right to vote and hold office in the Association.
Key Member Benefits
Members of OPA are offered products, services and education at a preferred rate. Potential members are welcome to participate undefined yet are required to pay a higher fee for each OPA sponsored event or seminar.
Benefits of Membership include:
- regional seminars; Annual Educational Seminar; Training Institute and AGM
- regional trade shows; Explorations Annual Trade Show
- special workshops and training on timely and relevant issues facing the parks and open space field
- membership meetings for the exchange of ideas
- the Green Sward quarterly magazine
- membership directory
- annual report
- annual awards banquet
- competitions and awards
- special projects and initiatives including: Community Parks Week; Playability; Ontario Playground Academy; Ontario Parks Academy; Communities In Bloom (Ontario) Program
- volunteer opportunities
- networking opportunities
- preferred fees for all education and services
- preferred fees extended to OPA members from affiliate organizations
Companies and firms that provide products and services required for the parks, open space, leisure and environmental field are encouraged to join OPA as Associate Members.
Trade shows are an integral component of educational events and provide companies the opportunity to meet with professionals and individuals responsible for purchasing products and services essential to their daily operations.
Additional Benefits of Associate Membership include:
- one membership fee for five representatives
- preferred exhibit and seminar fees
- preferred advertising rates in the Green Sward magazine
- access to the OPA membership list twice per year
- networking opportunities
- membership directory - Associates listed first with product / service description
- OPA logo for promotional and advertising material
- direct and regular access to OPA membership
- preferred exhibit rates at many of OPA affiliate organization's shows