THE CORPORATION OF THE
CITY OF WOODSTOCK
The City of Woodstock is a dynamic and growing community of 38,000 located in the heart of southwestern Ontario at the crossroads of highways 401 and 403. A growing community, Woodstock has kept its small-town flavor while offering the types of amenities typically found only in larger cities. Woodstock has roots in both agriculture and manufacturing; as the recognized Dairy Capital of Canada and as home to Toyota’s second Canadian manufacturing facility. With a skilled workforce, affordable housing and a new community hospital Woodstock truly is a growing city with a lot of rural, small town charm.
SUPERVISOR OF PARKS
To be considered, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Horticulture;
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in Parks management and administration;
- Class 03 Operators license for herbicide and pesticide spraying on public lands;
- Knowledge of arboriculture, urban forestry, turf management, playground inspections, winter maintenance, special events support and risk management issues.
Reporting to the Director of Parks:
- Responsible for the development of parks maintenance operations, organizes and schedules the work force;
- Recommends major capital projects related to parks operations, sports fields, playground sites and public open spaces;
- Supervises assigned staff of the Parks Division in accordance with City Management Policies and terms of existing collective agreements;
- Responsible for the daily operations of the parks division as it relates to effective public relations and customer service;
- Effective team leader with ability to promote and foster teamwork;
- Extensive knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $68,553.00 - $85,668.00. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
City of Woodstock application forms must be completed and are available in the Human Resources Office or online at http://www.city.woodstock.on.ca/images/stories/pdfs/applications/employment_application.pdf.
A copy of the job description will be supplied upon request. Applications will be received in the undersigned office no later than 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 8th, 2012.
1st Floor, 500 Dundas Street
P.O. Box 1539
WOODSTOCK, Ontario N4S 0A7
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.