TOWN OF GRAVENHURST – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING
Public Works & Operations Foreman (Infrastructure Services, Public Works)
One (1) Full-Time (Non-Union) Position Required
Job Posted on: August 22, 2014
Closes: September 5, 2014
Salary Range: $69,285 - $78,250 Annually (40 hrs/wk)
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Services, the Public Works and Operations Foreman is responsible for supervising and scheduling Public Works and Operations staff, ensuring safe, effective and efficient working conditions in accordance with department policies and procedures, providing weekend and winter standby duties on a rotating basis and representing the Department as an effective liaison between the public, other utilities and agencies and the Town of Gravenhurst.
- Graduate of 2 year Civil Engineering Technician College Program or equivalent
- Member of OACETT as C.Tech – Certified Technician is preferred
- 5 years experience in Civil / Municipal construction, maintenance, inspection and supervision or, 5 years experience in Horticulture, Parks Management, urban forestry or turf maintenance
- 3 years experience in supervising staff in a unionized environment
- A valid DZ driver’s license is an asset.
- Previous building, mechanical and grounds maintenance experience, and experience with building and grounds maintenance operations and relevant equipment
- Knowledge and experience in project organization (requests for proposals, tendering, bidding, selection, insurance, contract award and administration)
- Knowledge in Risk Management and an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and requirements
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate, and Up-to-date WHIMS certificate
- Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, internet inquiries and e-mail
- Proficiency in oral and written communications
- Proven ability to deal effectively and courteously with members of the public, staff and public utility agencies
- Ability to handle stressful situations and project a professional image
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, no later than 4:00 p.m., on Friday, September 5, 2014, to:
Corporation of the Town of Gravenhurst
3-5 Pineridge Gate Gravenhurst, Ontario P1P 1Z3
Attention: Human Resources,
(705) 687-7016 (fax), OR email: HumanResources@gravenhurst.ca
Job descriptions are available for this position at the Municipal Office, 3-5 Pineridge Gate, Gravenhurst, and can be accessed on our website: www.gravenhurst.ca.
We thank all the applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Gravenhurst is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
All information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M. 56