The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Parks/Operational Services Departments
Job ID # 2293
PARKS – General Maintenance (approximately 8 months of the year)
Reporting to the Supervisor - Parks Maintenance or the Supervisor – Horticulture & Turf Maintenance for the months of April to November, the General Maintenance – Parks staff will provide general maintenance or landscaping throughout the City of Brantford in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Duties include but not limited to garbage collection, washroom maintenance, assisting with special events, sports field maintenance and vandalism clean up. In addition the incumbent may be responsible for, grass cutting, trimming, seeding, fertilization, turf renovation, irrigation repairs, roadside mowing, hard surface weed control, trail maintenance including pruning for site lines and trail safety.
OPERATIONAL SERVICES – Winter Control (approximately 4 months of the year)
Reporting to the Supervisor – Operational Services for the months of December to March, the General Maintenance – Winter Control position is required to operate winter maintenance equipment (salters, trackless, wing trucks, loaders, tractors) and to operate small tools and equipment such as snow blowers, chain saws, pickup trucks, etc. in order to clear snow and ice from roads and sidewalks. In addition, the incumbents are required to shovel snow, asphalt, etc., pick up litter/debris, and maintain trails as well as storm ditches and outfalls. General Maintenance staff in Operational Services also provides assistance for the flood control program, inspects roads for hazards and interacts with the public in a tactful manner.
- Incumbents must have successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous demonstrated experience related to the duties listed above
- Ensuring safe work conditions and practices are carried out in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act regulations
- Maintaining accurate records as required
- Excellent customer service skills and follow written and verbal skills instructions, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physically fit with the ability to complete labour intensive work, including heavy lifting
- Must possess a valid Class "D" Driver's Licence with a "Z" Endorsement
- Incumbents must also be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Hours of work vary depending on the department, but are scheduled in advance and can include afternoons, weekends, holidays and may include unscheduled hours for overtime, where necessary
WAGE RANGE: $17.25 to $21.57 per hour (based on a 40-hour work week) plus benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by FRIDAY, AUGUST 1, 2014 at 4:30 p.m., to the attention of:
Human Resources Representative
Human Resources Department
Corporation of The City of Brantford
P. O. Box 818, 1 Market Square, Lower Level
Brantford, ON N3T 5R7
doc or rtf format please
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. It is essential that accessibility is engrained in the way we conduct our day-to-day business, and that we comply with Ontario’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).