Internal/External Job Posting
Temporary Bargaining Unit Position
Security Officer - Elora Gorge C.A.
The Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA) has an international reputation for excellence in managing the natural resources of the largest inland river system in southern Ontario. Encompassing approximately 6,800 square kilometres, the Grand River watershed has a population of almost one million people in 39 municipalities and two First Nations. Designated as a Canadian Heritage River, the Grand River and its major tributaries boast many outstanding human heritage features and excellent recreational opportunities. The GRCA is committed to environmental protection by delivering services that ensure the well-being of the environment and its inhabitants.
The Security Officer is responsible for carrying out enforcement and customer service related duties within a Conservation Area setting.
1. Enforcement of the Conservation Authorities Act, Trespass to Property Act, Conservation Area policies, rules and regulations
2. Check and secure buildings and facilities
3. Report all accidents and unsafe conditions
4. Refer violations of a serious, criminal or violent nature to the local Police service
5. Document violations, occurrences and maintain a daily evidence note book
6. Provide assistance with security staff coordination
7. Provide first aid care to park visitors as required and deliver assistance in emergency situations
8. Assist with customer service related duties, including campsite and day use visitor registrations as required
9. Perform duties in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the flexibility to perform other assigned duties as required
1. A post-secondary education in law and or security related disciplines
2. A minimum of two years related work experience and a working knowledge of related legislation and applicable regulations
3. A valid Private Security and Investigative Services Act license
4. Valid First Aid and CPR certification
5. Must be able to maintain both accurate and legible hand written documentation and a proven ability to maintain chronological notes
6. Availability to work mandatory weekend and night shifts as required
7. Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills
8. Provincial Offences Officer designation or equivalent training is an asset
9. Valid Ontario driver’s license.
The pay range for this position is Job Level 2 $14.55 to $18.19 per hour
40 hours per week
Approximate Start Date: May 2014
Term of Employment: May to October 2014
To Apply: Please send a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word or PDF format and quote “Security Elora” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm Tuesday March 11, 2014
We thank you for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.